What is Unchained?

I actually don’t know what it is, also what crypto are the block rewards in

1 Like

AFAIK Kenshi Unchained is a decentralized network of peer-to-peer nodes for data validation (currently in testnet stage).
There currently are some oracle and data indexing service providers, but most are fully or to some extent centralized, meaning the data is stored on a single or multiple databases owned by the service provider.
What Kenshi is trying to achieve with Unchained is more true to the core principles of blockchain technology in my humble opinion.

4 Likes

I’ll try to run a node tomorrow, I hope it’s easy to do :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

so its a chain, that any chain can use?

No, it’s specifically named Unchained to let you know it’s not a chain. It’s a decentralized network of nodes that validate the data requested by Kenshi’s clients. The validated data are not sequenced and do not form a chain, instead each piece of validated data gets signed by multiple nodes and then stored in the decentralized database.
When a client requests that data, they’ll see that numerous validators have signed it as valid an therefore it is true.

Now to answer the second part of your question, yes, Unchained can be used to publish data to any EVM-compatible chain. This means that when Unchained mainnet launches, Kenshi services would not be limited to the 8 chains that they are currently available on.

It is also worth mentioning that Unchained uses a lot of the core principles of blockchains.

2 Likes

thats like, a really good idea

1 Like